Papers are invited for a volume on Transnational Romanticism. I have contract with Peter Lang Publishing and I still need a few papers to complete the book. Please send a 400-word abstract by September 20. If accepted the final paper will be due by December 20.
The possible topics include, but are not limited to
- exile and displacement
- literary responses to various historical or cultural moments of transition or crisis
- translation as a movement of texts across cultural and national boundaries
- Goethe’s concept of Weltliteraturand its modern reinterpretations
- Romantic philosophy and nationalism
- Romantic imagination and the modern world