The Department of English and American Studies is pleased to announce its 2nd Annual Science Fiction Symposium. We are seeking proposals in the following areas:
• Non-Western Science Fiction (anime, Soviet SF, etc.)
• Science Fiction and Genre Hybridity (Science-Fantasy, Science-Comedy, etc.)
• Science Fiction and Moral/Ethical Boundaries
• Science Fiction and Transhumanism
• Transmedia/Multimedia Science Fiction
All relevant topics are welcome; we encourage interdisciplinary and comparative perspectives as well.
Please send a 300-word abstract and a short bio to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb. 28, 2015.
Conference Date: June 9, 2015