Proposals are now being accepted for the Rhetorics of New Media Area. The term "New Media" generally refers to digital, computerized, or networked information and communication technologies in the latter part of the 20th century to the present. Although certainly not all-inclusive, listed below are some topics that are begging to be rhetorically analyzed.
• Youth Culture (from cell phones to ipods)
• The Information Age (from Wikipedia to YouTube)
• Identity (Facebook, MySpace, Twitter)
• Community Online
• Language (emoticons, acronyms, etc…)
• Media Convergence
• Politics and Activism Online