Image [&] Narrative is seeking papers for a special tercentenary issue devoted to the work of Horace Walpole (1717-1797). Articles covering all aspects of Walpole’s literary career are welcome, though preference will be given to those focusing on the correspondences between word and image.
Possible topics may include:
- narrative functions of images in Walpole’s work
- Gothic imagery in The Castle of Otranto and The Mysterious Mother
- art commentaries in Walpole’s correspondence, journals and Anecdotes
- narratives and catalogues of Houghton Hall and Strawberry Hill
- book design at the Strawberry Hill Press
- illustrations of Walpole’s work