The aim of this interdisciplinary conference is to focus on questions of 'cultural translation' in all its forms and constructs. As global identity becomes increasingly defined by questions of communication across languages and cultures the role of 'translation' becomes key in the forging of new subjectivities.
Topics could include (although are not limited to) :
1. Adaption in literature, film and media
2. Interplay between East Asian nations
3. Construction of 'East Asia' as a theoretical/political/cultural concept
4. A focus on the interplay between 'East Asia' and the 'West'
5. Global Dissemination of East Asian Popular Culture.