The Iowa Journal of Cultural Studies seeks essays on cultural representations and experiences of labor and work, from the perspectives of the humanities and interpretive social sciences. Theoretical engagements are also of interest. While this call is not limited to interests of any period, we seek topics with relevance or insight into contemporary experiences and constructions of work.
- Cultural (literature, film, TV, etc.) representations of work
- Artists whose own work is reflective on questions of labor
- Cultures of labor and the workplace
- Discourses of labor in media
- Theoretical engagements with labor and work (Virno, Hardt & Negri, Badiou, etc)