CFP: Canada and the Americas (12/1/05; journal issue)
Call for Papers
"Canada and the Americas"
Deadline: December 1, 2005.
AmeriQuests, a peer-reviewed on-line journal based in Vanderbilt
University's Center for the Americas, is soliciting papers for a special
issue on Canada in relation to the rest of the Americas. This issue is the
first of a new series entitled "Comparative Perspectives on the Americas,"
which will situate the different geopolitical areas of the Americas-Canada,
the Caribbean, Central America, South America, Brazil, and the US-within
comparative hemispheric frameworks. The series aims to address cultural,
social, scientific, legal, political, and environmental issues in ways that
go beyond national and area studies paradigms. AmeriQuests publishes works
in any of the languages of the Americas and is available on-line without a
The topic areas on which authors concentrate for this issue include:
* Canadian arts and literatures in/and the Americas
* Afro-Canadian populations and cultures
* Canada and Mexico
* Canada and the Caribbean
* Recent challenges to socialized medicine in Canada and their
* The rise of nationalism and its contemporary effects and implications
* Canada's contributions to solving environmental problems in the Americas
* Canada's role in the "War on Terror"
* Canadian borders-flows of people and flows of goods
* The history and prospects of multiculturalism
* Issues in immigrant illegality and incarceration
* Relations between the federal and political governments
* "Canadian French cultures" in the Americas
* Indigenous populations
* Canada's natural resource management in the context of new global
All manuscripts should be submitted on-line www.ameriquests.org
<http://www.ameriquests.org/> . They must include a one-paragraph abstract,
conform to the guidelines specified on the journal's webpage, and not exceed
10,000 words. For questions, please contact Scott Infanger, Managing
Editor, at ameriquests_at_vanderbilt.edu.
Managing Editor, AmeriQuests
Center for the Americas at Vanderbilt
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Sun Sep 04 2005 - 08:45:49 EDT