Modernism and Film 5/1/12
Modernism and Film volume seeking a few more essays to complete a collection on literary interactions with film, 1890-1950. Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
* Literary texts and adaptation
* Modernist music and film
* Films (Modern Times, Un Chien andalou, etc.)
* Filmmakers (Chaplin, Eisenstein, Bunuel, Dreyer, Welles, Kuleshov, etc.)
* Modernist intermediality, relationships of other arts to film.
* Cultural exchange and dialogues between "high"/"low" culture.
* Harlem/ New York, Paris, London, Berlin.
* Joyce, Woolf, Proust, Pound, Stein, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Loy, Eliot, etc. in relation to cinematic art.
This collection is currently under contract with a publisher. Abstracts of 500 words are due by May 1, 2012. Completed essays of about 3,000-5,000 words by October 2012.
Contact: Dr. Robert McParland
Department of English
262 S. Main Street
Lodi, New Jersey 07644