Theatre Arts Journal: Studies in Scenography and Performance (TAJ) (Deadline: March 31, 2015)
Theatre Arts Journal: Studies in Scenography and Performance (www.taj.tau.ac.il ) invites submissions on the following topics:
- Edward Gordon Craig's legacy: a reassessment
- representation in scenography, within the larger political, social, and aesthetic context, in the past as in the present
- the connections between the various visual arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, photography, film, computing design, etc.) and the stage in the past and in the present, as well as the formal, conceptual, and epistemological contributions and limitations that such connections entail
- the challenges that stage design has to meet in a fast-moving technological environment that is constantly shaping and reshaping audience perception
- the interaction between the director and the designer and its effects on the performing space, performance, and audience reception
Articles (in English) should be accompanied by an abstract of 150-200 words and a brief curriculum vitae. Manuscripts should be double-spaced and no longer than 12000 words (including endnotes). They should follow the Chicago Manual of Style (15th Edition) and use Microsoft Word 2003 (or later) format for PC. Illustrations in jpg format and short video clips (FLV format, max. 10 minutes) may be included, provided that the author has secured copyright permission. See also Submission Guidelines on the journal website at www.taj.tau.ac.il . The journal will not consider submissions that have already been published in any other form or language.
Submissions for the Spring 2015 issue should be sent by March 31, 2015 to the Editor, Irene Eynat-Confino, by e-mail attachments for PC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Dr. Irene Eynat-Confino, Editor
Theatre Arts Journal: Studies in Scenography and Performance