The Edwidge Danticat Society- The Caribbean Studies Association 40th Annual Conference, May 25-29, 2015 in New Orleans, LA
The Caribbean Studies Association 40th Annual Conference will be held May 25-29, 2015 in New Orleans, LA.
The Edwidge Danticat Society invites multidisciplinary papers for a panel at the 40th Annual Caribbean Studies Association conference. In keeping with the theme of this year's conference: The Caribbean in an Age of Global Apartheid: Fences, Boundaries, Borders – Literal and Imagined- we welcome papers that explore Edwidge Danticat's activist and creative work in relationship to fences, boundaries, and borders. The Edwidge Danticat Society invites proposals for 15-minute presentations, possible topics include:
• Questions of National Sovereignty and Belonging in Haiti and the
• Dominican and Haitian Borders at the Massacre River
• Haiti, Disaster Sites and Reconstruction
• Death of Jean-Claude Duvalier
• Social Activism and the organization Border of Lights
• Dominican Republic Citizenship Ruling and Denationalization
• U.S. detention policies (Krome Detention Center)
By January 14, 2015, please submit a biography, 300 word abstract
(including working title) and any a/v needs to Megan Feifer, Louisiana State University at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership dues and conference registration must be paid by April 15, 2015, or papers/panels will not appear in the conference program. Membership and registration details are available on the CSA website.