452°F Journal: "Thinking about Affect in Culture and Art"
On January 31st 2015, we started the CFP for the fourteenth issue of the 452°F Journal of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature, to be published on January 31st 2016.
- Deadline for submissions is July 31st 2015; all articles received after this date will be rejected.
- To be considered for the peer review process, all articles must follow the regulations described in the style-sheet.
- The monographic section will bring together a body of texts dealing with "Thinking about Affect in Culture and Art". A non-comprehensive list of possible topics is:
a) Affect vs. emotion, sensation and feeling. Theoretical, epistemological and methodological approaches.
b) History of affect, affected history.
c) Affect and reading practices.
d) Affect and aesthetics. Hapticity, sensation, corporeal reception.
e) Affect in time and space. Alternative geographies and temporalities.
f) Affect and studies of materiality. Thing theory, materialism in feminist theory, queer materialism.
g) Posthuman, impersonal, animal affects.
h) Politics of affect. Affective normativity and affective dissidences.
i) Affective utopias and feeling backward: love, happiness, depression, shame, failure, melancholy.
- All other articles will constitute the miscellaneous section and, as long as it stays within the boundaries of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature, and the choice of theme and approach is free.
- Original texts should be submitted through OPEN JOURNAL SYSTEMS (OJS). In order to do so, contributors need to be registered as AUTHOR following this link. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you encounter any problem.
Call for Reviews
452°F is also accepting book reviews for a section of the journal devoted to newly published books.