Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric -- CFP due Jan 15, 2017
The Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric (CSSR / SCÉR) invites scholars and students to submit proposals for presentations in English or French. Our next annual conference will be held at the Canadian Federation of Social Sciences and Humanities’ Congress 2017 (www.congress2017.ca) at Ryerson University, Toronto, ON, Canada, May 30 – June 1, 2017.
- Download the full CFP document from https://app.box.com/v/cssr-cfp-2017
- Proposals are due by January 15, 2017.
Our special theme this year is “Rhetoric and interdisciplinarity/disciplinarity.” However, proposals are not limited to the special theme.
The society welcomes papers on all aspects of rhetoric:
- rhetorical theory, criticism, and/or history
- rhetoric in popular culture and everyday life
- rhetoric and the media, film, gaming, and visual culture
- rhetoric and the physical environment
- rhetoric and the body, sports or performance
- rhetoric in the fine arts and literature
- rhetoric and identity, women’s/gender studies
- rhetoric in various disciplines and professions
- rhetorical discourse analysis and genre studies
- rhetoric of political, legal or public discourse
- biographical research on rhetors or rhetoricians
- rhetorical aspects of sociolinguistics and semiotics
We foster dialogue among scholars from diverse disciplines and professions who are interested in rhetoric. We welcome not only mainstream rhetorical scholarship, but also “rhetoric in/and” a wide variety of domains or disciplines and through interdisciplinary frameworks.
Please distribute this call among your networks. I look forward to receiving your proposal.
Dr. Tania S. Smith, CSSR / SCÉR President