Children's and YA Literature Cohort at M/MLA 2017
Children's and YA Literature at Midwest Modern Language Association 2017
November 9-12 in Cincinnati, OH
In recognition of this year’s conference theme, “Artists and Activists,” we welcome papers that explore issues in children’s and young adult literature broadly, but especially invite those that explore the ways that writers of literature for young people have addressed issues of politics, advocacy, and social justice. In our conversations, we hope to think about the place of literature and activism in the lives of young people.
Topics could include, but are by no means limited to:
· The role of the child in society;
· satire as social commentary;
· the place of education in society;
· environmental literature;
· gender identities, trans- identities, and activism;
· ethnic identities and activism;
· digital literacies and digital citizenship.
Please send 250-word abstracts to Megan Musgrave at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2017. Your abstract should include your name, rank, institutional affiliation, and email. *If you are interested in proposing a complete panel, please contact me about including it in our Children’s and YA Literature cohort this year.