Call for Papers: 2017 International Conference on English for Specific Purposes
Call for Papers
2017 International Conference on English for Specific Purposes
Conference Theme: Perspectives in ESP: Research & Instruction
Organizers: School of Foreign Languages and Cultures, Soochow University
Taiwan ESP Association
Co-organizer: Department of English Language and Literature, Soochow University
Conference Dates: November 3-4, 2017
Conference Site: Waishuangxi Campus, Soochow University, Taipei, Taiwan
Plenary Speakers: TBA
We welcome papers on (new) trends in researching and teaching of English for Specific Purposes (ESP). The domain of ESP has had a strong research tradition since its inception in the 1960s. With the increasing demand for big data analyses, application of multi-media and information technology, and ESP translation and interpreting, we will use this international conference as a platform to discuss emerging (new) trends and needs for researching and teaching. We solicit works on conventional themes: the socio-discourse, the socio-culture and the socio-politics, highlighting genre-informed pedagogy, situated learning as well as critical pedagogy respectively. In addition, we also need (new) teaching and research directions for all three social turns of ESP in Asian and other contexts.
Topics include, but are not limited to
(1) ESP curriculum development and evaluation
(2) ESP and corpus
(3) ESP translation and interpreting
(4) ESP technology and applications
(5) ESP teacher training
(6) Assessment of ESP Learner Performance
(7) Cross-cultural communication in ESP
(8) E-learning application and experiences
(9) Information technology in educational research
(10) Interaction in virtual learning environments
(11) Corpus-based studies on translation, discourse and genre studies
l Due date for abstract submission: July 17, 2017
l Notification of abstract acceptance: August 14, 2017
l Conference Dates: November 3-4, 2017
Types of Presentations:
- Oral presentation: Three to four papers in each session and each paper will be allocated with 15 minutes of presentation followed by a joint discussion period of 5 minutes.
- Poster presentation: Poster presenters will be provided a poster board to which they can affix summary of their work.
- Abstracts should be about 250 to 300 words; full papers should be single-spaced with a maximum of 15 pages in length.
- Abstracts and papers will be accepted in both English and Chinese.
- Paper Size: A4 with margins of 2.50cm on each side.
- Headings: Times New Roman, font size 14. Main text: Times New Roman, font size 12.
- Prepared as Microsoft Word document based on APA 6th edition format.
- Submission: Submissions of abstracts and submission forms (downloadable at http://english.scu.edu.tw/esp2017) should be sent to: email@example.com
- Email Subject: 2017 International Conference on English for Specific Purposes- Name, Title of Paper
Tel: +886-2-2881-9471 ext. 6486
Willis Weishan Liao, Secretary
Conference Website: http://english.scu.edu.tw/esp2017