The Second International Academic Conference with the accompanying Exhibition Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures
Invitation to The Second International Academic Conference
and in the accompanying exhibition entitled
Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures
On behalf of the organizers we invite you to participate in the second interdisciplinary meeting of scholars, theoreticians of art and culture, artists, designers, educators, and producers-manufacturers during The Second International Conference Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures
Conference and exhibition Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures is a cyclical event, bringing together visual artists, theoreticians and art critics. The previous edition of the conference was related to the topic of education and creativity in art education. The Second International Academic Conference with the accompanying exhibition Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures aims to develop the topic in the field of artistic practices in the daily and festive role of local communities in the context of contemporary culture.
The event will highlight the prevalence, popularity as well as uniqueness and festive character of art and design in human life. The project in its artistic and scholarly assumptions will not only allow for theoretical reflections but also entering the visual space through the works of art of varied subjects in the disciplines of the visual arts (fine arts and design).
The organizers' aim is to create a forum for discussion on trends in art, educational methods and effects brought by teaching activities which take into account the multidisciplinary quality of contemporary artistic message. Interdisciplinary dimension of the project Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures, which involves many communities, will facilitate a global perspective on the issues undertaken and will enable the exchange of reflections, insights and experiences of participants: artists, theoreticians and educators.
The conference is planned to involve four plenary sessions and talks by speakers from several institutions in Poland and abroad who educate artists and designers, as well as excellent specialists, whose academic, design and artistic activity concerns various areas of art, science and design.
THEMATIC AREAS OF THE CONFERENCE:
Fabric as inspiration and artistic medium in the shaping of the spatial forms of contemporary (un)commonness.
Individual and collective forms of creating and using textile art.
Artistic creativity in education, including: textile media conforming to traditional and innovative conventions, and new media (non-traditional exhibits, forms and techniques, computer animations, video, installations).
Transformations of artistic projects.
The senses and the experiences of the viewer: tactile, visual, auditory.
Audio description, as a technique which allows for visual artistic works to be accessible verbally.
The synergy of music and visual arts in art and education, their mutual influences and relationships.
Developing and shaping of the aesthetic consciousness in the education process.
Social and cultural spaces of exhibiting art.
Anesthetizing of space and local social environments in the context of art and design.
Conditions of participation in the exhibition
1) Registration of the artworks (visual projects) with the enclosed REGISTRATION FORM OF PARTICIPATION IN THE EXHIBITION Art Bridges - (Un)Common Structures
- Each participant may propose from 1 to 3 works in the exhibition. Every visual work can be max. 2m x 2m in size.
- The visual works should be technically adapted to be hung and exhibited.
- Application for participation in the exhibition should be sent to the organizer’s address on the completed Application Form. Simultaneously with the Application Form one should send photos of the artworks: CD - 300 DPI. With the description of the last name, first name, technique, size, year of creative
Deadline: send the required documents until April 30, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the basis of the submitted photograph the Jury will qualify works for the exhibition.
The qualification of the work for exhibition will be decided by the jury appointed by the organizing committee of the project, which will be published on April 4, 2017 on the WPA website devoted to Art Bridges 2017, which will present a list of participants of the exhibition as well as by email or telephone to inform the participants about qualification for the exhibition.
- The costs of postage, delivery and reception of works are covered by the authors of the works.
- The works must be very well protected against damage. The organizer does not insure works and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage of the works during transport.
The organizer reserves the right to invite special guests to participate in the Project.
Each participant of the Project will be able to publish their work, artistic or theoretical, in the catalogue and collective monograph accompanying the Project.
1.The duration of the exhibition: from June 9 to September 30, 2017.
2. The deadline for sending applications for participation in the exhibition along with the set of documentation of works as well as the Application Form: April 30, 2017.
3. Finished works for the exhibition should be delivered until May 10, 2017, to the following address: Art Bridges/Mosty Sztuki 2017, WPA UAM ul. Nowy Świat 28-30, 62-800 Kalisz
3. Deadline for the submissions of conference papers with an abstract (300 words): 05.15.2017.
4. Deadline for submitting finished articles for publication: September 1, 2017.