CFP: English Scholars Beyond Borders
ESBB is a non-profit circle of international academics. The aim of our conferences is to assemble English teachers and scholars from across the globe in order to expand conceptual horizons. The conference will explore the diverse borders and boundaries that English teachers and scholars negotiate to benefit learners. Further information can be found on the group’s website here: http://www.englishscholarsbeyondborders.org/
Please send proposals to: email@example.com. Proposals should include a brief biodata, a 50-75 word abstract and a one page summary of approximately 300 words.
Conference themes are
English for research publication purposes
- Studies which critically investigate academic publishing from the perspectives of authors, reviewers/editors, and Open Access;
- Multilingual scholars in study and publication
- Non-blind dialogic review
- Multi/bilingual issues in language learning and linguistics
- EAP/ESP across borders
- English literature across borders
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated learning)/EMI (English Medium Instruction)
- Study abroad and International exchange
- Interdisciplinary issues in TESOL
- Encouraging (cultural) diversity in voice and agency
- New directions in critical thinking and reasoning
- Using technology to cross borders
- Role of corpora in language teaching and research
- Migrants and refugees in language learning
Papers are invited on any aspect of the above themes. English will be the working language of the conference.
Keynote speakers include Mike McCarthy and Roger Nunn. A provisional programme and accommodation info is available on our blog, www.esbb2017.wordpress.com.
Registration is also open for delegates at http://onlinestore.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/conferences-and-events/conferences.... Standard/fully waged rate £195. Student/unwaged rate £145.