2017 AATSP Ontario Chapter Conference
The Ontario Chapter of the AATSP (AATSP-ON) invites you to participate in its annual conference, hosted this year by the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures of the University of Ottawa, on Nov 3-4, 2017.
Deadline for submissions is Oct 10, 2017.
Presentations (20 minutes; 7/8 pages, Times 12, double-spaced) and workshops (30 minutes) will focus on the topics outlined below.
Stream 1 – Research and Criticism: Interdisciplinary discussions focused on cultural production and socio-political, economic, environmental, and geographic themes:
- § Literature: Colonial to the present
- § Literature and translation
- § Literature and film
- § Literature and communications media
- § Architecture, visual arts, dance, music, photography, and popular culture
- § Civil society, gender, migration, diaspora, multiculturalism, and violence
Stream 2 – Linguistics and Teaching ELE/PLE: Projects or research summaries related to
- § Linguistics and language policy
- § Language acquisition and learning
- § Bilingualism, multilingualism, and heritage languages
- § Pragmatics and sociolinguistics
- § Varieties of Spanish
- § Teaching LE to children and adults
- § Curriculum design and planning
- § Pedagogy and methodology
- § New technologies in teaching LE and
- impacts of on-line teaching
- § New evaluation and certification models
Stream 3 – Teaching Workshops
- § Interactive learning and other approaches to teaching
- § Different ways of teaching culture
- § Teaching literature in a globalized world
- § Fostering the study of literary and critical texts in the LE classroom
- § Social networks and mass media (film, radio, television, etc.) in the LE classroom
- § On-line teaching
PUBLICATION: A selection of the presentations will be published in Ottawa Hispanic Studies in 2018.