CFP: FANS Health & Biology Studies Area
Fandom and Neomedia Studies (FANS) Association Health and Biology Studies Area
Call for Papers
It is our pleasure to announce a Call for Papers for the new Fandom and Neomedia Studies (FANS) Association Health and Biology Studies Area. This area will examine the interplay between health, medical, and biology topics and fandom and media studies, broadly construed to include both physical and mental health.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Effects of social media on health knowledge and practices
- Physical/Mental disorders associated with media usage
- Darknet use in the illicit drug trade
- (Mis)Representations of health and biology in media
- Online medical scams/hoaxes
- Accessibility and vulnerability of electronic patient records
- Wearable health devices
- Role of advertising in health decisions
- Social detachment and engagement via media
- Performance enhancing drugs in MLG or online gaming
- VR technology in medicine
Submissions are open to medical professionals, scholars, researchers, and the general public. Submissions must conform to the FANS Style Guide. Accepted items will be published in our journal, The Phoenix Papers (ISSN 2325-2316) and authors will be invited to attend our annual conference.
To be considered for publication and/or presentation at our annual conference in June 2018, please submit a copy of your article with abstract and full professional CV/resume to us. The deadline for submission is 15 April 2018.
- Shannon McDonald, ADN, Chair
- Amanda Perry Pustejovskey, RN, BSN
- Justin Pedigo, PharmD
Short URL: http://bit.ly/2vzO5BF