Excursions Journal Vol 8.1: 'Networks'
The Call for Submissions to the next issue of Excursions Journal, 8.1, on 'Networks', is open for the next four weeks, until 15th November 2017. We welcome journal articles of 3000-5000 words from a range of disciplines that engage with instances, contemporary and historic, where the networks we have established matter. This could include, but is not limited to:
- How networks in our historical approaches help us to better understand our present moment, or reinterpret our narratives of the past
- Representations of networked practices in art, literature and music
- Spatialisation, architecture and place
- Economic networks of production, distribution and/or exchange
- Telecommunication, technology and surveillance, conspiracy, and in/visibility
- How networks structure organisations and hierarchies, engaging with networks of power, politics, social mobility and privilege
- How networks are embodied, and how networks create and construct feelings of belonging and/or isolation
- Migration and borders in relation to local, national and international networks
- The role networks play in constructing identity and identity politics, issues of race, gender and queer networks
- The transmission of ideas and practices through networking
- Academic networks and critiques of these, looking inward as well as outward, considering professional networking, and collaborative practice
- The neoliberalisation of education, the specific economic and social networks enabling this, or enabling resistance to it
- Inclusion, access and discrimination in the public and/or private spheres
- Use of complexity theory or speculative entropy to understand social and practical issues
- Religion, intentional communities, protest networks and the project of humanity
The deadline for journal submissions is 15th November 2017. Scholarly papers should be between 3,000 and 5,000 words and must follow Harvard style guidelines. We also encourage creative submissions in media such as film, photography, or audio. For creative submissions, please include an abstract and a brief biography (no more than 150 words) along with your submission. All enquiries should be sent to email@example.com, and details of how to submit are below.
Excursions Journal is an online and in-print peer reviewed journal, designed to showcase high-quality, innovative and inventive postgraduate research and early career research. Based at the University of Sussex, we aim to encourage work that plays with the permeable nature of academic disciplines.
Submitting an Article
1. Register on the Excursions Journal website via http://www.excursions-journal.org.uk/index.php?journal=excursions&page=u...
2. Make sure that in your profile ‘Author’ is selected (accessed through clicking on ‘User Home’, then ‘Edit My Profile, can also be selected during registration by checking the appropriate box)
3. When you click on ‘User Home’ you should see a link saying ‘New Submission’ next to 'Author'
4. Clicking on this will take you to a page that will include the guidelines for submission, as well as information about copyright.
5. Follow the onscreen instructions to submit your article.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
Heather McKnight and Nehaal Bajwa