Environment, Law and Society Journal, Vol IV
ENVIRONMENT, LAW AND SOCIETY JOURNAL, VOLUME IV
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
The Centre for Environment and Law at the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi welcomes contributions for the fourth volume of the Environment and Society Journal.
The Environment, Law and Society Journal [ELSJ] is a peer-reviewed, double-blind journal. Starting with the fourth volume, the ELSJ will be completely Open Access. Academics, legal practitioners, researchers, students, professionals and interested scholars from the field of environmental law may submit original, unpublished articles for consideration.
We accept submissions under the following categories:
- Articles of length 3000 to 6000 words (including footnotes); articles exceeding the word limit may be considered on merit.
- Short Notes, Commentaries and Reviews between 1000 to 3000 words ( including footnotes)
- All submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be sent to email@example.com on or before Sunday, 18th December, 2017.
- All manuscripts must be accompanied by:
a. A covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone, etc.).
b. An abstract of not more than 300 words describing the submission. Abstracts are not required for Reviews.
- By submitting an article the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection.
- A minimum period of three months from the final date for submission of articles is reserved before the communication of acceptance is made to the author. Authors may make a request for expedited review under special circumstances. It shall be within the discretion of the Editorial Board to grant an expedited review.
- The Journal encourages gender neutrality in its submissions.
- Receipt of submission will be intimated to the authors within one week of submission.
- All submissions for the current volume must be made in Word Format (.doc)/(.docx).
- MAIN TEXT: Font - Times New Roman; Font size - 12; Spacing - Double; Alignment - Justified; Margin - One inch on all sides.
- FOOTNOTES: Font – Times New Roman; Font size - 10; Spacing - every footnote shall be single spaced, but there shall be double spacing between two different footnotes
- Text and citations should ideally conform to the rules in THE BLUEBOOK: A UNIFORM SYSTEM OF CITATION (19th edition). However, any uniform system of citation is also acceptable. The system of citation used (if not THE BLUEBOOK) must be specified in the covering letter. The Journal employs footnotes as the method of citation.
- The articles in the Journal will be edited and published according to the orthographical and grammatical rules of Indian English, which is based on British English; thus, submissions in American English will be modified accordingly.