IGA Postgrads Call for Bloggers
The International Gothic Association postgraduate blog is looking for bloggers and podcasters!
If you are a graduate student working with any aspect of the Gothic, consider writing us a short blog post, or recording us a podcast. It could relate to your work, or any other Gothic tangent that has taken your interest. Blogs should be around 600 words; short, snappy and conversational, with the aim of sparking conversation within the IGA community. If you want to write a blog longer than 600 words, we would encourage you to split it into two or more parts, but these are supposed to be informal rather than articles or papers.
Scroll down for more info on the IGA and potential topics to inspire you, and check out past posts on the blog. Please read the section under the ‘Write for Us’ tab for style guidelines, standards and requirements. Contact IGA postgrad reps Louise Benson James, Laura Davidel and Thomas Stuart on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in blogging, podcasting, or have any questions.
About the IGA
The International Gothic Association (IGA) unites teachers, scholars, students, artists, writers and performers from around the world who are interested in any aspect of gothic culture: fiction, drama, poetry, art, film, music, architecture, popular culture and technology. It promotes the study and dissemination of information on gothic culture from the mid eighteenth century to the contemporary moment. The only association of its kind, the IGA is the academic centre for people interested in an analysis of the gothic.
In line with this objective, the postgraduate/graduate community of IGA, known as IGA Postgrads, encourages its members to contribute to the ever-expanding online information repository about the Gothic through its Postgraduate blog. Every month, the blog features posts by a different graduate student working in the field of the Gothic, across time periods, geographies and disciplines. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with the latest blog posts and Gothic news.
Potential blog themes
- Haunted Houses/Spectral Visitations/Spiritualism/Possession
- Transnational Gothic and Horror Cinema
- Gothic Revenants: Zombies, Vampires, etc.
- Gothic Centuries
- Gothic and Science: Cyborgs, Digital Media, Sci-Fi and Gothic Hybrids
- Gothic and Politics
- Modern and Contemporary Goth Subcultures: Music, Fashion, etc.
- Gothic Animals and the Environment/Ecocriticism
- Gothic Translations and Adaptations
- Global Gothic and Non-Western Gothic Traditions
- Historical Gothic
- Gothic Theatre/Spectacle/Phantasmagoria
- Gothic and Theory
- Gothic and Digital Humanities
- Gothic and Disability
- Gothic and Print Culture/Book History/Materiality
- Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein for the 2018 bicentennial