New Perspectives in Edward Albee Studies--Volume 4
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
New Perspectives in Edward Albee Studies, Volume Four:
Edward Albee’s Influence on American Drama
We are seeking essays that explore Albee’s influence and reach in the American theatre. This could include playwrights whom he mentored directly, playwrights who were inspired by him, his role as director of both his own and others’ work, collaborators who worked with him, and artists whose own careers were in some way shaped by him.
In particular, we are interested in essays on any or all of the following topics:
- The work of the Playwrights Unit, part of Albarwild Theatre Arts, Inc.
- Albee’s mentorship of playwrights such as Adrienne Kennedy, Lanford Wilson, Amiri Baraka, Terrence McNally, Megan Terry, John Guare, A.R. Gurney, Sam Shepard, and others
- Albee’s partnership with the Cherry Lane theatre and his contributions to off-Broadway theatre
- Imitators of Albee’s Style
- Albee as professor and his work in the academy
- Albee’s influence on LGBTQ theatre
We encourage submissions from graduate students as well as established scholars or theatre professionals from any approach (e.g., theatre history, performance studies, literary theory and criticism), as well as those who have worked with Mr. Albee in any of the above activities.
Please contact volume editor Natka Bianchini (firstname.lastname@example.org) for queries, proposals, and/or submissions. For submission guidelines, please see the general call for submissions on the Edward Albee Society website:
Submission deadline for completed manuscripts:
November 15, 2018