EAPSU 2018 Fall Conference
CREATIVITY IN TIMES OF CRISIS
hosted by Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania (Shippensburg PA)
Thursday-Saturday, October 4-6, 2018
Opening Night Reception & Open Mic, Thursday October 4
Keynote Event, Friday evening
Panels on Friday & Saturday
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
We all have our own go-to creative process. This year’s conference theme asks us to consider what happens when that process confronts a crisis. What happens when we can’t create? Does creativity change or work differently in times of crisis, either personal or more globally? How does your own creativity relate to crisis? How do you get out of the funk? Can crises be not just obstacles to creativity but tools or springboards in the creative process?
EAPSU is excited to announce that this will be our first combined conference PASSHE-undergraduate & faculty conference! At our Fall 2018 conference, we want to share our collective wisdom and the proven strategies and innovations—as writers & readers, students & teachers.
We welcome papers, group panels, or creative works that explore how creativity manifests itself in English Studies, related to literature and literary studies, linguistics, writing studies, film and new media studies, popular culture, pedagogy, and creative writing. Proposals might include:
• Individual papers
• Readings of creative works
• 3-paper presentation panels
• Creative pedagogy & student work (of all kinds) in the classroom & beyond
• Teaching hacks/Student hacks: class discussion, rubrics, activities, assignments
• Beyond “the paper”: blogs, vlogs, posters, multi-media, and more
• Getting published/finding audiences
• Service-learning/community engagement projects
• Creative solutions to crises in English programs (recruiting & retaining majors, curricular innovations, first-year writing/inquiry seminars)
• Book arts and design
• Spoken word/performing language
• Digital humanities
Please submit your 150-word (or less) proposal(s) for individual or group presentation
by May 18, 2018 to William Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Night Reception & Open Mic, Thursday October 4—hosted by keynote speaker Patricia Smith, featuring winners of the EAPSU student poetry contest. Event sponsored by SU student literary magazine The Reflector.
Student poets across PASSHE, submit your work (1-3 poems) to email@example.com. Winners receive cash prizes & publication in EAPSU’s online journal!
Keynote Speaker: poet & spoken-word performer PatriciaSmith