AWP Conference Panel: Topic TBD

deadline for submissions: 
April 29, 2018
full name / name of organization: 
Anna Faktorovich, PhD

I would like to put together an Association of Writers and Writing Programs panel. I am unsure about the topic. The first panel I am putting together this year is for the 10th anniversary of my Anaphora Literary Press, a reading for some of the writers. I would like to put together a second panel with folks that I am not affiliated with, so anybody reading this post. The panel can be a reading, or a discussion on the profession, or a discussion on the writing craft. Maybe a panel of independent publishers to discuss the problems we face in this field. Maybe a panel of academics (I previously taught college English for over 4 years) to talk about teaching creative/writing. I'm the editor, designer, publisher, and other positions for Anaphora, so I can relate to various topics. I'm also a writer and have published widely in different fields. I hope you guys will give me some inspiration and a few of us can band together and create a panel that is of interest to all of us. I hope to hear from those who are established in their profession and have experience presenting at conferences.

Please email a couple of sentences on what you would like to present on, and a third-person paragraph bio to director@anaphoraliterary.com. The deadline is May 1, so I hope to hear from you in the next few days, so I can write up the proposal before this date. Thanks for reviewing this query.