PLSJ special issue on drama
The editors of PLSJ: Persian Literary Studies Journal are pleased to announce the call for papers for an upcoming special issue (Vol. 7) on drama in Iran to be published in December 2018. We welcome article submissions (5000-8000 words) addressing the following and other related topics:
- Pre-Islamic theater
- Traditional Iranian theatrical forms: shabih khani, Ta’zieh, siah-bazi, etc
- Postmodern drama
- Women in Iranian Drama: female playwrights, female characters, etc
- Critical studies of significant Iranian playwrights: Bahram Beyzayi, Akbar Radi, Farhad Nazer-zadeh Kermani, Abbas Na’lbandian, Mohammad Yaghoubi, etc
- The future of Iranian drama
- A study of the winners of the Best Playwriting Award of Fajr International Theater Festival in the last few years: trends, themes, techniques …
- International reception of Iranian drama
- Critical reviews of significant books on Iranian drama
Deadline for submission of papers is September 30, 2018.
PLSJ is an interdisciplinary, refereed journal published by Shiraz University listed in MLA and Index Islamicus.
Papers must be uploaded to http://plsj.shirazu.ac.ir/
The Editor of the drama special issue is Dr Mona Hoorvash, assistant Professor of English Literature at Al-Zahra University.