8th Annual Conference on Medieval and Early Modern Studies
8th Annual Conference on Medieval and Early Modern Studies - Othello's Island 2020
6 to 9 April 2020 - Nicosia, Cyprus
Held annually since 2012, Othello's Island is a multi-disciplinary conference that looks at Medieval, Renaissance and early modern history, literature, art and other culture, held in Nicosia, Cyprus. It brings together a wide range of academics and research students, from all over the world, to discuss their work in what we describe as a multi-disciplinary event.
The event is organised by distingushed academics from City and Guilds of London Art School, CVAR, Imperial College London, Sheffield Hallam University, University of California Davis, the University of Bristol, the University of Cyprus and the University of Sheffield.
For 2020 we are particularly keen on papers relating to:
• Shakespeare and his Contemporaries, and the Mediterranean
• Shakespeare and his Contemporaries, and Material History
• The Joy of Text? Teaching Shakespeare and Early Modern Drama Today
• All aspects of Early Modern Women Writers (c.1400 to c.1700)
• Medieval Travel and Tales of Travel
• The Byzantine Image in the West.
However, we are a multi-disciplinary conference and so all aspects of the medieval (c. AD 500 to c. 1500) and early modern (c.1400 to c.1700) worlds are of interest to us, including non-Western subjects.
Deadline for proposed papers 31 December 2019
For full details visit http://www.othellosisland.org