CFP: Effects of Service-Learning in Foreign, Second, and Heritage Language Courses
Call for Chapter Proposals: Effects of Service-Learning in Foreign, Second, and Heritage Language Courses
This edited volume will consist of original and unpublished studies that examine the effects of service-learning (SL) in foreign language (FL), second language (L2), and heritage language (HL) courses on any of the following three primary areas:
- community (local/global) organizations
- individual learners
- SL faculty
Authors are invited to submit proposals that include the following:
- Tentative Title
- Name(s) of Author(s), Affiliation(s), E-mail Address(es)
- 250-350 Words (excluding references) with: service-learning program type(s), study context, data collection procedures, and results.
All submissions should follow APA formatting.
The editor has been working with Routledge to prepare the manuscript for publication. Additional author publishing guidelines can be found on the following website:
Please contact the editor for questions: Christine E. Poteau, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November 1, 2018: Proposals due to editor (email@example.com)
- December 1, 2018: Proposal acceptance notifications sent
- June 30, 2019: Chapters due (6,000-8,000 words including title, chapter abstract, references, appendices, and author biography (100-150 words)) to editor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- August 30, 2019: Reviews sent to author(s) of accepted Chapters
- November 1, 2019: Final Chapter Submission due to editor (email@example.com)
- December 1, 2019: Submission of Manuscript to Publisher
- January 31, 2020: Publication