Theopoetics special issue of Literature and Theology journal
The leading interdisciplinary journal Literature and Theology (Oxford University Press) is publishing a special issue on theopoetics.
Submissions are invited on any aspect of this theme, including:
- theopoetics in historical theology
- theopoetics in constructive theology
- theopoetics as creative practice
- theopoetics and the revisioning of theology
- theopoetics and politics
- theopoetics and the environment
- theopoetics as the ‘end’ of theology
- theopoetics and material culture
- theopoetics and dialogue
- theopoetics as public theology
- theopoetics and contemporary theory
Given Literature and Theology’scommitment as a journal to engagement between religion and culture, articles that engage with literary and other forms of artistic expression are particularly welcome.
Please send an abstract and outline of your article (abstract 500 words, final article 5500-8000 words including references) to Dr Anna Fisk (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 31st October 2018.
Submission date for selected articles will be March 31st 2019. Publication date is anticipated to be 4th September 2019.
Literature and Theology, a quarterly peer-review journal, provides a critical non-confessional forum for both textual analysis and theoretical speculation. The journal's core aim is to engage with and reshape traditional discourses within the studies of literature and religion, and their cognate fields - biblical criticism, literary criticism, philosophy, politics, culture studies, gender studies, artistic theory/practice, and contemporary critical theory/practice.