DEADLINE EXTENDED: George Saunders Society, ALA, Boston, May 23-26 2019
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MONDAY, JANUARY 14th.
The George Saunders Society invites prospective participants for one or two panels at the 2019 American Literature Association conference in Boston, MA, to be held May 23 to 26, 2019. This will be the third year of Saunders panels at the ALA. We are interested in presentations on any aspect of George Saunders’s life and work. The topic is open, but possible approaches might include:
- Saunders and political commitment
- Saunders and neoliberalism
- Motherhood and fatherhood in Saunders
- Depictions of disability in Saunders
- Saunders and science fiction/genre fiction
- Saunders and the question of the New Sincerity
- Saunders and critical race theory
- George Saunders in the classroom
- Saunders as celebrity/Saunders as teacher/Saunders as literary tastemaker
- Audiobooks and adaptations
Please e-mail abstracts of 200-300 words in Microsoft Word or PDF format to Dr. Brian Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 14, 2019. Each submission should also include a brief biographical note, including your name as it will appear in the conference program, institutional affiliation, and preferred mode of contact during the second half of January 2019. Please indicate any AV needs.