Duality, Doubles and Doppelgängers
Call for Papers
Permanent Section: Italian
“Duality, Doubles and Doppelgängers”
November 14-17, 2019
Chicago at the Hilton Chicago
We welcome individual and panel proposals that explore Italian Literature, Film, and Culture in the context of this year’s conference theme “Duality, Doubles and Doppelgängers”. Proposals exploring issues related to duality, identity, transcultural identity, and transnationality in Italian literature, film, art and culture from any time period will be given special consideration. Papers on any aspect of the conference topic are welcome, including but not limited to the following themes:
- Transnational identity: Italy’s minorities’ literary and film production
- Pirandello’s characters’ duality: A strategy to resist the modern?
- Italian-American literary production
- Italian Politics: Italian Vice-Prime Minister’s doubling
- Migration films and the doubling of a nation: who leaves and who stays behind
- Italian feminism and transfeminism
- Duality in Italian art
- Queer identity in Italy
Please send proposals of 250 words by April 5, 2019 to Giordana Poggioli-Kaftan, firstname.lastname@example.org. Participants are welcome to propose papers either in Italian, or in English.