Call for Conference Abstracts - 4th International Conference on English Language and Literary Studies: Beyond Hermeneutics
The Department of English, at the Faculty of Philology, University of Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina), in cooperation with the University of Leuven are pleased to announce the fourth conference on English language and literary studies CELLS: Beyond Hermeneutics: Challenging Traditional Approaches to Literary and Language Studies.
The aim of the conference is to provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences across the fields of English language and literary studies, with particular emphasis on cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary issues raised in the fields of literature, culture, linguistics, translation studies and applied linguistics. Topics might include (but are not limited to):
- Limitations of traditional approaches to language and literary studies
- Perspectives and limitations of new approaches to language and literary studies
- Quantitative versus qualitative research
- Interdisciplinary studies in literature, language, and culture
- Liminality in language and literary studies
- Translation studies and practices of the 21stcentury
- Crossing disciplines: humanities and (other) sciences
- Global, local, glocal - shifting spaces in language, literature, and cultural studies
The official language of the conference is English.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts are submitted through the online submission form at: https://forms.gle/8pPfmgyjyvSk7Buf7
30thApril, 2019 Deadline for Submission of Abstracts
20thMay, 2019 Notification of Acceptance
30thJune, 2019 Registration
The conference fee is 50 Euros for Bosnia and Herzegovina scholars and all M.A. and Ph.D. students. For international scholars the fee is 60 Euros.
The fee includes:
- conference pack
- conference dinner
- conference break refreshments (food and beverages during lunch breaks)
- publication of selected papers in the conference proceedings
All details and important information can be found at the conference website.
www.cellsbl.com (active from: April 20, 2019)
A selection of papers will be published after the conference.
CONFIRMED PLENARY SPEAKERS
- Dr. Franco Moretti, Senior Advisor at the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne,Switzerland
- Dr. Sascha Bru, head ofLiterary Theory and Cultural Studiesin Leuven, Belgium
- Dr. Predrag Novakov, Professor of English language and linguistics, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
We look forward to your proposals.
Dr. Petar Penda, University of Banja Luka, BiH
Dr. Željka Babić, University of Banja Luka, BiH
Dr. Tatjana Bijelić, University of Banja Luka, BiH
Dr. Ryszard W. Wolny, University of Opole, Poland
Dr. Katarzyna Molek-Kozakowska, University of Opole, Poland
Dr. Timothy Petete, University of Central Oklahoma, USA
Prof. Cason Murphy, Iowa State University, USA