Building Bridges through the Humanities

deadline for submissions: 
September 30, 2019
full name / name of organization: 
Building Bridges through the Humanities
contact email: 

This past June, I had the honor of being awarded a fellowship to participate in the Graduate Institute’s Certificate in the Engaged & Public Humanities at Georgetown University. For my fellowship project, I decided to create a public platform for myself and others to share resources that promote engagement with the humanities. I am utilizing a website to house my public platform because it will be accessible to anyone that has Internet access. The website is designed to be a toolkit that assists people in engaging with the humanities. Each page of the website is printer friendly so that the resources can also be shared offline. Additionally, the website will comply with the Standards for Accessible Design outlined in the American Department of Disabilities Act.

The goals of my project are to include activities and assignments in the toolkit that are designed to foster appreciation of the humanities, create awareness of the way that they shape and reflect our world and demonstrate how the humanities can transform and elevate communities. In addition, the website will create a space where visitors can engage in a dialogue that encourages additional engagement with the humanities, generates conversations between communities and promotes the mutual exchange of knowledge. Lastly, the activities and assignments will utilize multimodal approaches to disciplines of the humanities that promotes collaboration across curricula as well as with local communities.

To meet my goals, I am seeking contributions such as but not limited to:

• Assignments or activities that engage with multiple disciplines within and outside of the humanities
  • Lectures
  • Workshops
  • Community Service Activities
  • Community Building Activities
  • Recommendations of resources such as: books, articles, websites, podcasts, apps etc.… to list and/or link to on the website

Requirements for submission:

Brief bio

All materials should be submitted as either a Microsoft Word document or as a PDF.

Resources consulted and/or quoted in your submitted materials should be cited. MLA, APA and Chicago citation styles preferred.

Optional (to post with your bio):

Photograph of you

Contact information

All contributions should be sent as electronic attachments to Rachael Warmington at BBTTHProject@gmail.com by September 30, 2019.