Ghost Stories Collection
Extended Deadline - Ghost Stories Call for Submissions
Tell me a story. A simple request made by children across the world every night and one we seek to fulfil even as adults. But… it is the stories that excite, that make our hearts beat faster, and the hairs on our necks stand on end that bewitch us most. It is these stories we want to hear. Spectral Visions Press (University of Sunderland) are now accepting submissions for a short story collection, Spectral Visions: Ghost Stories. Due to the fantastic response, we've extended the deadline in hopes of a bumper collection or even a separate poetry collection.
Guidelines for Submission:
• Pieces should adopt tropes of the Gothic genre.
• The presence of a ghost/haunting is integral - whether they function as the protagonist, antagonist, or narrative catalyst remains up to the contributor.
• No more than 5,000 words of prose or 50 lines of poetry.
• Submissions should be formatted as a word document; we cannot work with pdf.
• Submissions should be double-spaced, use a neutral font style, and font size of eleven.
• Please include your full name, email address, your piece’s title, the date of submission, and a short bio (100 words) all on a short cover letter.
• All work must be original and not have been used previously in another collection.
If accepted, you are giving Spectral Visions Press:
• The right to publish and republish the story in or in connection with Spectral Visions Press, including electronic or hard copy form, including in promotional material or compilations provided that authorial credit is given in every instance of reproduction.
• The right to include your work in an anthology or collection which may retail through Amazon.com or similar outlets.
• After your story appears in a Spectral Visions publication you are free to republish your piece elsewhere as long as you communicate to potential buyers that they are buying your story as a non-exclusive piece.
• We do not offer monetary compensation. We may publish your work online as well as communicate your story online or in print form. We will give your work credit when promoting it using your name, your website if you have one, and your short bio.
Stories should be written to a reasonably good standard upon submission. We are looking for strong characters, emotional investment, and reasonable plot development within the word count allowed. Any submissions should be sent to the following email address, email@example.com, by the 1st of March 2020.