"Hollywood and the Holocaust" Conference Panel

deadline for submissions: 
March 12, 2020
full name / name of organization: 
Elyce Rae Helford / Middle Tennessee State University
contact email: 

I seek original papers for a panel on "Hollywood and the Holocaust" for Middle Tennessee State University's Holocaust and Genocide Studies Conference in Murfreesboro (near Nashville), TN, Oct 21-23.

Specific topics may emphasize a single director or film or address a theme or representational style. My goal is to include some diversity of approach and paper subject within the broad field of Hollywood cinema's engagement with the Holocaust, 1930s-present.

There is potential for future publication via journal special issue or published conference volume.

Please send an abstract, paper title, working bibliography, and a brief vita to my email, elyce.helford@mtsu.edu by March 13, 2020 (to meet conference deadline of March 16). Full conference CFP: https://mtsu.edu/holocaust_studies/2020HGConferenceCFP.pdf

NOTE: Presenters must be able to pay for conference travel and registration. I prefer college-/university-affiliated scholars but will seriously consider both graduate students and independent scholars.