International Online Conference on European Studies
International Online Conference on European Studies27-28 June 2020organised by London Centre for Interdisciplinary Research
The conference aims to explore Europe from a variety of perspectives. It will consider its political, social and philosophical dimensions as well as the cultural and intellectual life of Europe. Proposals can demonstrate both national and regional expertise, refer to the past or present, or offer a comparative analysis.
The main objective of the event is to bring together international scholars interested in European Studies and willing to examine intersections between their topic of interest and the broader European context. It will provide an integrated approach to the understanding of the processes within Europe.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Challenges and opportunities of the EU, Euroscepticism and Brexit
- Between nationalism and nativism
- European borders, migration and immigration
- Politics and policy-making
- Trade, commerce and business
- European languages, literatures and cultures
- History and philosophy
- Education in Europe
- Earopean Law and international relations with the rest of the world
Paper proposals up to 250 words and a brief biographical note should be sent by 15 May 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please download paper proposal form. Presented papers will be published in a post-conference volume.
Registration fee – 90 GBP