International Conference on Cross-Religious Exchanges in Eastern Indian Cultural and Literary Traditions
KIIT School of Language & Literature (KSLL) invites papers for the international conference on the topic of “Cross-Religious Exchanges in Eastern Indian Cultural and Literary Traditions” to be held on February 15-17, 2024 in the hybrid mode at Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology-Deemed to be University. The conference aims to explore the interactions among religion, philosophy, and literary and cultural texts from the Eastern and North Eastern part of the Indian subcontinent.
This conference will look into instances of the cross-cultural and cross-religious interactions reflected in literary and cultural texts of Odisha, Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, seven sisters of the North East, Bangladesh, Bhutan, and Nepal. We welcome papers that explore the following themes, but are not limited to:
- Intersections of religion, philosophy, and literature in the Eastern part of India
- Literary Projections of the indigenous myths
- Intertextuality between Eastern Indian literature and religious scripture
- Religious hybridity as a form of resistance
- Transcending religious identity in literary and cultural texts
- Indigenous knowledge system and literature
- Indigenisation of formalised and institutionalised religious forms
- Religion as a tool to proclaim identity
- Interaction between religion and biography in the eastern region
- Literary genres facilitating dialogues among different religions
- Going beyond colonial ideology in the light of Eastern Indian worldview
- Interface between religion and Eastern Indian arts
- Nature, culture and religion
- Cross-Religious exchanges and the cyberspace
- Contribution of the global market to the formation of religious and cultural hybridity
- The Jagannath mythology in Eastern Indian literature
Important Dates & Submission Guidelines
●Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words and should include the paper’s title, objective / purpose, method, novelty / originality of expected finding(s) besides author’s name, affiliation, and email address. The deadline for abstract submission is October 15, 2023.
●Please send your abstracts to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Selected papers will be considered for publication in proceedings to be published by a reputed international publisher. Some of the selected papers may be considered for inclusion in the inaugural issue of bi-annual journal named KIIT Journal of Language, Literature and Culture.
●Notification of acceptance of abstracts will be sent by November 15, 2023.
●Last day of registration with full payment is November 30, 2023.
●The deadline for full paper submission is December 31, 2023.
Registration Fee Details:
●₹3000/ (Indian / Nepalese / Bhutanese / Bangladeshi faculty participants)
●$ 250 (International participants)
●₹2000 (Indian Students / Researchers)