CFP: Liberatory Poetics in Caribbean Writing: Gender and Nation Re-configurations (1/15/05; journal issue)
CALL FOR PAPERS
JOURNAL: Macomere - Journal of the Association of Caribbean Women
Writers and Scholars (ACWWS)
Vol. 7, 2004-2005
Submission Deadline: January 15, 2005
Manuscript submissions are being sought for Volume 7 (2004-2005) of Macomere. This issue will be devoted to critical and creative writing on the topic "Liberatory Poetics in Caribbean Writing: Gender and Nation Re-configurations," which was also the topic of the most recent ACWWS conference held in the Dominican Republic in 2004. As at the conference, submissions for this volume will address topics including but not limited to the following:
*Iconicity, Traditions, Gendered (Re)configurations
*Writing Female Subjectivity
*Liberatory Poetics for the 21st century
*Caribbean Crossings: Canons, Language, Genre, Transnationalisms
*Film and Women's Participation
*Theater and Women's Authorships and Participation
*Becoming Public: Women Writers as Intellectuals Re-defining Boundaries
*Identity, Family Re-formulations
*Caribbean Women's Diasporic Texts and Re-Readings
*Reggae, Rastafarian, and Others as Cultural Aesthetics
*Belief Systems: Voudou, Santeria, Shango, Pocomania/Kumina, Others
*Resistance vs. Reinscription
*Contemporary Travel Literature/Tropes
Reviews of recently published Caribbean fiction and non-fiction are also being solicited.
Please indicate your intention to submit a creative or critical manuscript or a review by sending an email to the Editor as soon as possible. In the case of article submissions, also submit a 200-word abstract as soon as possible but no later than November 1, 2004. Articles/fiction should be between 4,000 and 7,000 words in length; reviews should be between 1,000 and 1,500 words. Only submit work that has not been previously published.
Send abstracts and paper submissions to:
Department of English
350 Victoria Street
Canada M5B 2K3
Macomere is a refereed journal that is devoted to scholarly studies and creative works by and about Caribbean Women in the Americas, Europe, and the Caribbean Diaspora. It is the journal of the Association of Caribbean Women Writers and Scholars, an organization founded in 1995. The journal is in its 7th volume and is indexed by MLA. Submissions in the form of scholarly essays, creative works, interviews or book reviews are invited.
1. Email submissions to The Editor at MaComere2_at_aol.com
2. For manuscripts submitted by post, include an electronic file diskette in WordPerfect 6.1 (or higher) or Word 6.0 (or higher) with two hard copies.
3. Submissions should include a data sheet listing home address, home phone and fax numbers, office address, office and fax numbers, and email address of the contributor.
4. The contributor's name only on the first page of the manuscript; the identity of the contributor will be removed before manuscripts are screened by the editors.
5. All material typed and double-spaced throughout including quotations and endnotes. Type endnote numbers as superscript and list endnote information in Notes, following the text.
6. A brief biographical statement of no more than fifty words.
Membership in ACWWS will be required if submissions are accepted for publication.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Mon Oct 25 2004 - 17:19:50 EDT