CFP: [Gender Studies] Specs Journal––"Faux Histories"
Call For Submissions--Specs
Specs is a journal of contemporary culture and arts at Rollins College that
aims to create sympathetic interfaces between artistic and critical practices.
The editors invite submissions of critical and/or creative work for the 2nd
volume on the theme of â€œFaux Histories.â€ We seek works of fiction,
non-fiction, cultural criticism, artwork, poetry, and pieces that blur
genre boundaries. The editorial board consists of writers and academics
from various fields. The editors are excited by specialty, an excess of
detail, fragments, narratives, meta-narratives, and more. The editors are
particularly interested in works that examine contemporary culture and/or
cross the critical/creative divide while riffing on the theme of â€œFaux
Historiesâ€ in multiple ways, including:
- Manipulated Histories/Deep Time
- Synthetic Encounters /Textures/String Theories
- Apocryphal Technologies and Topographies
- End of History
- Planned Communities/Theme Parks
- Virtual Worlds/Mythical Creatures/Cyberculture
- Retrofuturism/Revisonary History/Counter Memories
- Body Transformations/Plastic Surgery
- 2nd Life/Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (MMORPGs)/Video Games
- Adaptations/Hollywood/Celluloid Worlds
- False Memories/DÃ©jÃ vu/Ersatz Affects
Deadline for submissions: December 15, 2008.
Please send all submissions in an .rft or .doc file in Times New Roman Font
to editors_at_specsjournal.org Include a brief cover letter and indicate
whether you wish to be considered for the print edition, the web edition,
or both. Please also indicate the type/genre of submission in the subject
heading (Poetry, Cultural Criticism, etc.).
Please limit prose submissions to less than 6000 words and poetry
submissions to 10-12 pages.
Critical prose pieces will be peer reviewed. We accept simultaneous
submission of creative work if indicated on the cover letter. Please inform
us immediately if work is accepted elsewhere.
For further guidelines visit our website at www.specsjournal.org
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
more information at
Received on Tue Sep 23 2008 - 18:20:34 EDT