CFP: Graduate Student Comparative Literature Journal Portals (grad) (3/2/07; journal issue)
Portals, the San Francisco State University's Comparative Literature
Student Association's Literary Journal, is accepting student
submissions of original, critical essays and short poetry translations
that explore comparative literary topics across cultural, regional,
linguistic, and temporal boundaries for the Spring 2007 issue!
* Papers must be written in English.
* In order to be considered for submission, essays must compare at
least two literary works from different linguistic traditions.
* Citations should include both the original language and the English
* Papers should be no longer than 25 pages in 12 point font, and
should be properly formatted and documented in MLA style
* Portals also invites short poetry translations.
* Submissions should include a copy of the original poem and an
additional 2-5 page explication of the translation.
* Poetry translations will be published in tandem with the original.
* Please submit the original with complete citation.
All submissions are to be sent via e-mail as a MS-Word attachment.
Submissions must include a 250-word abstract and a cover sheet
including name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, school
affiliation, and current academic standing; your name should not
appear anywhere else in the proposal, since this will be a blind
selection process. (Only papers by currently enrolled graduate
students and doctoral candidates will be considered).
Contributions for the journal are reviewed with the understanding that
they have not been submitted to another journal. Articles will be
published online in the Spring of 2007.
Due Date: March 2, 2007
We recommend that you visit our website before submitting:
Please direct all submissions and inquiries to: sfsuportals_at_gmail.com
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Mon Mar 05 2007 - 14:43:33 EST