CFP: TEXT Technology (humanities computing)
The Journal of Computer Text Processing
Is Now Calling for Papers
Starting in 1996, Wright State University will begin publishing TEXT
Technology: The Journal of Computer Text Processing. Previously published
at Dakota State University under the editorship of Eric Johnson, this
quarterly has published articles dealing with a variety of subjects
concerning the production of texts through electronic means. A listing of
the table of contents of the Summer 1995 issue will give some idea of the
range of the articles:
1) "Creating an Index Project Report: BITZER"
2) "Collaborative Word Processing: PREP Editor"
3) "Textbanking for English Language Teachers"
4) "Corel Ventura 5.0 Reviewed"
5) "Word for Windows 6.0 Reviewed"
6) "TEXTechography" (Annotated Bibliography)
As the new editor for the quarterly, I want to take this opportunity to
introduce you to the publication and to invite you and your colleagues to
forward articles for consideration. The quarterly will publish articles on
any theoretical or practical topic dealing with the electronic production
of texts. Some possible topics are listed below in alphabetical order:
1) Annotated bibliographies
2) Book reviews
3) College or professional writing, teaching or practical applications in and out
of the classroom or laboratory environment
4) Textual aspects of desktop publishing
5) Electronic publishing and issues related to the Internet
6) Font selection, creation, manipulation
7) Hardware reviews (printers for example)
10) Legal issues concerning text production
11) Literary and linguistic analyses of texts
12) Overviews of other text-processing journals
13) Programming languages and texts
14) Software reviews
15) Textual analyses in or across disciplines
For the first year of publication, the quarterly will accept papers in
hardcopy accompanied by 3 1/2" floppy disks in either ASCII or versions of
WordPerfect, (the highest version acceptable is 6.0 for Windows). The
preferred style is MLA. Please mail submissions to the following address:
Arthur A. Molitierno, Editor
Wright State University
7600 State Route 703
Celina, OH 45822-2952
Phone: 419-586-0317; fax: 419-586-0368.
TEXT Technology welcomes articles at this time and would appreciate
hearing from you or your colleagues. Please feel free to distribute this
call among colleagues.
Arthur A. Molitierno
TEXT Technology, Editor
Received on Fri Mar 01 1996 - 17:52:59 EST