CFP: War and Society (2/1/06; journal issue)
CALL FOR PAPERS
EnterText volume 6 number 1
War and Society
Submissions for this edition are invited by 1 February 2006. The theme, War and Society, can be interpreted broadly or narrowly, and submissions are welcome in a variety of formats, including:
* scholarly articles (normally up to 8,000 words)
* short 'notes and comments' pieces
* commentaries on documents
* creative submissions of any kind suitable for electronic publication, including artwork, photography, poetry, short stories, drama scripts, etc.
Multi-media submissions are especially welcome, including still and moving images and sound-clips.
Some possible topics are:
* war and social change
* war and gender
* war and children
* war and human rights
* war and elections
* war as an instrument of politics
* war and religion
* war in popular culture
* teaching war in the classroom
* culture and military strategy
Submissions can be political, historical or cultural, or may use a combination of disciplinary perspectives.
EnterText is a free-access peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal published by Brunel University, London. It can be viewed via Google or at www.brunel.ac.uk/faculty/arts/entertext where advice on submissions is also available.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Tue Oct 11 2005 - 18:12:43 EDT