full name / name of organization:
Americana: The Journal of American Popular Culture (1900-present) seeks
the Spring 2006 edition of its peer-reviewed journal. Please visit
www.americanpopularculture.com for submission guidelines. We also
to read the journal to get a sense of the kinds of articles we are
interested in publishing.
Deadline 1 May 2006
1) Articles must be attached to a brief cover letter in the email text
(containing the author's
name, institutional affiliation, and contact information). Please format
in Microsoft Word.
Send to editor_at_americanpopularculture.com.
2) Articles must follow MLA style guidelines. (Please use MLA style
a works cited page, and keep endnotes to a minimum. One space follows periods.)
3) Articles must be analytical and focus on some element of twentieth or
American popular culture.
4) Articles must be 3000-5000 words in length.
5) Authors are responsible for reprint permissions of any images. Please
do not send
accompanying images if you do not own the copyright or have reprint
permission in hand.
6) Because the Advisory Board of Americana practices blind review,
articles must not
contain the name of the author or any reference to the author.
7) Submitters must be members of the Institute. Please visit
www.americanpopularculture.com for membership information.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Mon Jan 02 2006 - 07:16:05 EST