full name / name of organization:
Jacobe, Monica F. 09JACOBE
Academic Exchange Quarterly, an independent, peer-reviewed journal of education issues, will produce a special issue on part-time and adjunct teaching in the Summer 2007 issue. Accepted articles appear in online and print editions.
Part-time or adjunct faculty are a growing portion of the academic labor market, and while research and writing about issues pertinent to this group has risen in the last several years, part-time college teachers and their work remain a concern with many unanswered questions for all stakeholders in higher education. Questions regarding labor issues and quality instruction are always of serious concern. Relevant topics might include, but are not limited to:
* effects on student learning of part-time/adjunct faculty
* the quality of part-time/adjunct instruction
* the possible administrative roles of part-time/adjunct faculty
* ways to improve part-time instruction including training programs
* technology and part-time/adjunct faculty
* the role of student evaluations in part-time/adjunct instruction
* other administrative oversights of part-time/adjunct work including those involving academic freedom.
Who May Submit:
Full-time, part-time, adjunct faculty and graduate students with expertise in these matters are invited to submit manuscripts. Please identify your submission with keyword: ADJUNCT. Submit ONLINE via the link below.
now until the end of February 2007
For more information, visit http://rapidintellect.com/AEQweb/4part.htm
Questions and queries should be directed to the issue editor: Monica F. Jacobe at 09jacobe_at_cua.edu.
Monica F. Jacobe
Department of English
Catholic University of America
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Mon Jun 26 2006 - 19:17:24 EDT