full name / name of organization:
Americana: The Institute for the Study of American Popular Culture
(1900-present) invites submissions to its journal Americana: The Journal of
American Popular Culture.
We encourage you to visit the journal at
http://www.americanpopularculture.com to see the kinds of material we are
interested in publishing.
If you would like to submit to the journal, send an explanatory email that
includes your institutional affiliation to
Attach the essay you would like to be considered to that email. Please make
sure your article conforms to the following guidelines:
1) Articles must follow MLA format. (Note especially the following: one
space after periods, underline all italicized material, and keep endnotes to
2) Articles must be analytical and focus on some element of American popular
3) Articles must be 3000-5000 words in length.
4) Because the Advisory Board of Americana practices double blind review,
articles must not contain the name of the author or any reference to the
5) Authors are responsible for reprint permissions of any images. Please do
not send accompanying images if you do not own the copyright or have reprint
permission in hand.
6) Submitters must be members of the Institute. You can find membership
information on the website at http://www.americanpopularculture.com.
The deadline for the fall 2006 edition of the journal is 15 October 2006.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Wed Aug 23 2006 - 17:13:55 EDT