CFP: The Human Person and Nature in Medieval Literature (Taiwan) (10/31/05; Fu Jen, 4/21/06-4/22/06)
Call for Papers
We invite you to contribute to the Seventh Annual Fu Jen Medieval
Conference, entitled 'The Human Person and Nature in Medieval Literature',
which will take place in April of 2006 (dates to be finalised). The
conference will seek to explore the Medieval understanding of nature,
situated in the relationship between matter and form, body and soul,
creation and God. We are especially interested in papers that cross
disciplinary boundaries. Some areas that papers might address are:
· Nature, fallen and redeemed
· Unity and diversity in nature
· Nature as text and sign
· Nature and gender
· Nature, image and likeness
· Representations of nature in an East/West perspective
· Nature and the garden
· Transient and transcendent beauty in nature
· Nature, solitude and introspection
· Nature, allegory and symbolism
Those interested in presenting a paper should note the following details:
1. Papers may be written and presented in Chinese, Italian
2. Speakers will be allotted twenty minutes to deliver
their paper, with a ten-minute discussion period at the end of each session.
3. Papers will be essentially new and will not have been
presented in public before.
4. Proposals-due by October 31st -should include the
· Institutional affiliation (if applicable)
· Mailing address (including zip code)
· Phone number
· Email address
· Title for the proposed presentation.
· Abstract of no more than 300 words
· A brief self-presentation
5. The conference organizers will notify prospective
speakers if their proposal has been accepted by November 30th, 2005.
6. Final versions of accepted papers must be provided by
February 20th, 2006.
7. Please address all conference correspondence to the
conference organiser, Brian Reynolds.
8. Proposals may be submitted by post, fax, or email to:
Department of Italian
Fu Jen Catholic University
510 Chung Cheng Road
Hsihchuang City, Taipei Hsien 24205
Tel. +886+2+29053760 Fax:+886+2+29027137
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 12:32:00 EDT