CFP: What Editors Need CELJ Panel (3/15/06; SAMLA, 11/10/06-11/12/06)
"What Editors Need: The Value (and Headaches) of Awards, Ads, Funding, and Grants for Journals (and Writers)."
CELJ panel (Council of Editors of Learned Journals), SAMLA 2006
Paper proposals for the Council of Editors of Learned Journals Session at SAMLA, November 10-12, 2006, are now being accepted. The annual conference will be held this year at the Hilton Charlotte Center City in Charlotte, NC. The topic of this panel session will be "What Editors Need: The Value (and Headaches) of Awards, Ads, Funding, and Grants for Journals (and Writers)."
Some topics to be addressed by the panel might include:
* CELJ and other awards for journals
* Creative writing contests and entry fees
* Which grants are available for journals
* How to lure in a ASugar Daddy@ for your journal
* Usefulness of ads from university presses, etc.
* Subscribe today, but postage extra.
* Which directories and websites are the most helpful
* Other pertinent issues related to the Abusiness of journals@
Suggestions for individual papers will be accepted until March 15, 2006. Interested participants should send their one-page proposals with a one-paragraph vita by postal mail and e-mail. Please include name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
Send materials via postal mail to:
Professor William B. Thesing
Editor, JAMES DICKEY NEWSLETTER
Department of English
1620 College Street
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208 USA
And email to:
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Mon Jan 16 2006 - 14:39:51 EST