CFP: [American] An Interethnic Approach to American Self-WritinG
Call for contributions
Editors seek full-length contributions for a book intended for the RODOPI series CAEAL (Critical
Approaches to Ethnic American Literature).
Tentative title: Selves in Dialog: An Interethnic Approach to American Self-Writing.
Corpus: autobiographical texts written by US authors of different â€œethnic/racialâ€ backgrounds.
Topics and theoretical approach: any comparative intra/inter-ethnic study of self/life-writing
from a variety of perspectives, e.g. addressing
- identity construction and auto-ethnography
- individual and collaborative autobiography
- mimetic and anti-mimetic approaches to self-writing
- environmental issues in autobiographical writing
- class issues in autobiographical writing
- race and ethnicity issues in autobiographical writing
- gender and sexuality issues in autobiographical writing
- American traditional â€œsubgenresâ€ (slave narratives, captivity narrativesâ€¦) and/or new forms of
- self-writing in drama and poetry
- visual vs textual approaches to life writing
- other genre and formal issues in autobiographical texts
Deadline: Please e-mail full manuscripts (5000-6000 words, MLA style), a 300-word abstract
and a one-page bio to Bego Simal (bsimal_at_udc.es) by November 1, 2008.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
more information at
Received on Thu Jul 10 2008 - 07:45:10 EDT