full name / name of organization:
||| Collection of Essays: 'Experts and Specialists' in Medieval and Early
Modern Literature. |||
This anthology is to be printed with an English publisher and will examine
the ways in which experts and specialists are represented in medieval and
early modern literature.
We invite proposals that respond to the description above and/or consider a
related topic such as for instance:
- man of science in medieval and early modern literature
- the rhetoric of experts and specialists in medieval and early modern
- scientific societies in medieval and early modern literature
- shaping of culture through experts
- representation of expert knowledge in medieval and early modern literature
- discursive practices of experts and specialists in medieval and early
- et cetera pp
The collection is under advance contract with a university publisher and
will likely be printed within this year. Three or possibly four additional
essays are needed to round out the volume.
Essays in MLA style of 6,000-12,000 words are welcome.
THE DEADLINE IS: 10 FEBRUARY 2009.
Authors of accepted submissions will be asked to prepare a version of the
article using the publisherâ€™s house style and send it by email in a
suitably formatted. Authors will be asked to sign the standard copyright
license agreement. Authors will receive one set of proofs, which will
require immediate correction. Author's changes will not be accepted at
proof stage. Authors will also receive 25 free copies of their papers, 1
volume of the book, and have the opportunity to purchase more at reasonable
Please send inquiry or contribution to Andrea Kern:
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
more information at
Received on Wed Jan 21 2009 - 17:25:16 EST