full name / name of organization:
UPDATE: Extended deadline for submissions: March 30,
Me, Myself & Eye: Mediating Identity (Graduate
4 May 2007, La Trobe University
Spend a day at an interdisciplinary conference
organised by postgraduates from the English Department
at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.
We are interested in:
* Through the Looking Glass – Perception and
self-perception in (auto)biographical writing
* Portrait of the Artist – The artistic Eye/I
* Who am I/Eye? – The ego and narcissist
* Keeping an Eye on Writing - Literary criticism and
the literary market
* Room with a View – Social identity, status and
* Medusa’s Laugh – Gender identities and the
pleasures/horrors of (returning) the gaze
* He’s looking at you, kid – the mediation of the
world in film, photography and the media
… and any other perspectives.
Presentations can include talks, readings, show and
tell, panel discussions, performances and visual
New Closing date for submissions:
March 30, 2007.
Send expressions of interest to the email address
Include a short biographical note and a 200 word
outline of your presentation. Include the length of
your presentation (approx. 20 minutes) and your
See you there!
Organising Committee: Gayle Allen, Tom Crosbie, Dina
Dounis, Elisabeth Hanscombe, Dinah Partridge, Juliane
Roemhild, Jennifer Sell.
Send instant messages to your online friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Sat Feb 24 2007 - 13:11:31 EST