CFP: Rhetoric Panel (3/16/07; SCMLA, 11/1/07-11/3/07)
Call for Papers
South Central Modern Language Association
2007 Conference in Memphis, Tennessee: November 1-3
The SCMLA Rhetoric panel invites proposals (abstracts or full papers) for
the 2007 conference to be held Nov. 1-3, 2007, in Memphis, Tennessee. This
year's "open topic" panel welcomes proposals on any topic related to
rhetoric, including but not limited to the rhetoric of composition pedagogy,
tutoring rhetoric, the rhetoric of disability, feminist rhetoric, and new
(electronic) media rhetoric.
Papers from graduate students are welcome.
Please email 500-word abstracts by March 16, 2007 to: Lori Rios at
Confirmation of receipt will be sent immediately. Notification of
acceptance or rejection will be sent no later than April 9, 2007.
For more information about membership in SCMLA or the upcoming Memphis
conference, please visit the SCMLA web site at http://www.ou.edu/scmla.
Please note the following eligibility requirements:
* All participants must be SCMLA members by May 14, 2007, for program
listing and to ensure receipt of conference materials.
* Members of the Executive Committee may deliver papers.
* Regular section chairs may deliver a paper in sections other than
* Regular section secretaries and special session chairs may deliver
papers in their own session.
* No individual may deliver more than one paper at any SCMLA meeting.
* Papers may not be read in sessions when panelists do not attend the
Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Coordinator of Freshman/Sophomore English
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Sat Mar 03 2007 - 16:51:42 EST